• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about medical exam for I-485

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nichka

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I live in NJ
I noticed that there is mentioning of medical exam to be made in order to process the form I-485. But in instructions there is no mentioning of requirement of form I-693 - medical exam. I figure that they will request this later when they receive all other forms, and the question is:
1. If i don't send form concurrently with I-485 will it delay the process of adjust status or I have to wait for them to request?
And one tricky question:
2. Are there ways to avoid vaccine or whatever shots because of religious or personal beliefs? If yes, how can I do that, please???
One not very common question:
3. when I'm submitting forms G325A for background check of whatever, will one fact become known and cause any problem - I lived in one state but my driver license was from another all the time and I still own a car that is registered in another state? this was for 5 years?

thank you for help

NYImmLaw

1. If i don't send form concurrently with I-485 will it delay the process of adjust status or I have to wait for them to request?
Yes. Any time they need to send a request for evidence this will slow down the adjustment process. It may only create a delay of a few weeks or it may delay it longer. Let's put it this way, most lawyers try to never have an RFE in an adjustment case.

2. Are there ways to avoid vaccine or whatever shots because of religious or personal beliefs? If yes, how can I do that, please???
Yes. Persons with certain types of religious beliefs that prevent them from having medical treatments can apply for a waiver on Form I-601. However, BEWARE, USCIS does not treat this waiver request lightly. You must show that your religion is the type that forbids medical treatment and that you really adhere to that religion. That means you need real evidence. I only know of a few religions that forbid medical treatment and they are very rare. Simply not liking vaccinations or shots is not a valid ground for a waiver.

3. when I'm submitting forms G325A for background check of whatever, will one fact become known and cause any problem - I lived in one state but my driver license was from another all the time and I still own a car that is registered in another state? this was for 5 years?
As long as there isn't anything more to this story, the background check is not going to pick this up.

evcalyptos

I live in NJ
I noticed that there is mentioning of medical exam to be made in order to process the form I-485. But in instructions there is no mentioning of requirement of form I-693 - medical exam.
You're making a major mistake in your reading then.. what else have you missed?

Instructions for form i-485, Item 7:
Individuals applying for adjustment of status through a local USCIS office.
If you are filing your adjustment-of-status application with a local USCIS office, include your medical examination report with the application.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">