• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about Motion tomorrow

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaizen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

I am CP. Son's father has filed for custody and tomorrow is motion day. Not unlike many, when I get nervous I can flub my thoughts/words. When writing, I can be articulate.

Would it be acceptable for me to write what I want to say in response tomorrow and ask the judge or referee if I may read it?

single317dad

I am CP. Son's father has filed for custody and tomorrow is motion day. Not unlike many, when I get nervous I can flub my thoughts/words. When writing, I can be articulate.

Would it be acceptable for me to write what I want to say in response tomorrow and ask the judge or referee if I may read it?
You can absolutely have any material written, I highly suggest it. However, you'll have to read the appropriate things at appropriate times. The judge probably won't just let you read until you're finished. Have each separate issue written separately.

mistoffolees

Or hire an attorney.

kaizen

Thanks for your answers. I've written it up and pray it goes well and that I get it bounced out of court tomorrow before it even goes to an investigation!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">