• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about NCP rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tweety14

What is the name of your state? Tennessee. I have a grandchild who is 18 months old and her mom has custody and my son having standard visitation and joint legal. Mom and dad are unwed , young parents, dad 19, mom 18.She married a guy but not the father of the baby. The parenting plan was signed in Dec. 2002, since then she has left her husband, moved in with her mom, now she lives with her friends.The father is very worried about the envoirement the baby is in. Does this warrant a change in circumstances?
Also the parenting plan says for pickups to be at the mothers home, but it has the grandmothers address on it. He doesn't want to take her to the friends house, because he feels it is a bad enviorement. Can he be held in contempt for not taking her there. One more thing, the mother lets the baby stay at her ex"s families house for 3 or 4 nights a week, and the father only gets her every other weekend and every other wednesday. There is no right to first refusal in Tn. Can anything be done about this? The father and grandparents should have more rights than a stranger. It is obvious now that the mother only wants the child for child support. What can we do in this situation.? Is all this considered a change in circumstances.Thanks

J

JoandJa'smom

Sounds like a change in circumstances, but may not be enough to change custody.

My sons father got married and moved. My lawyer said this is a change in circumstances(what you need to be able to go to court for a modification), however that didn't mean that it would allow me to get a change in the order.

So, your best bet is to ask a lawyer if it is enough to change custody. Do not focus on the fact that it is a change in circumstances cause those can change all the time, but not mean that custody will change.

JoandJa'smom

Tweety14

Hello again,

Now we are pretty sure she is living with her boyfreind and she is still married to another guy. How can we prove it though?

She always calls from his house, but denies she is living there. There are rumors galore, but I know that is considered hearsay.

Please help!

VeronicaGia

Tweety14 said:
Hello again,

Now we are pretty sure she is living with her boyfreind and she is still married to another guy. How can we prove it though?

She always calls from his house, but denies she is living there. There are rumors galore, but I know that is considered hearsay.

Please help!
If she is married to one guy and dating 100 other guys, there's not much you can do about it.

It sounds like he at least needs to ask the court for more time, not necessarily a change in custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">