• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about non-compete during a company buy-out/break-off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ZooLoo

Louisiana

I signed a non-compete agreement with a company which included standard verbiage about not going to a rival company for up to a year after employment ended. The division of the company that I worked for was then sold, and established as a brand new startup company. I was given a new employee agreement, including a new non-compete, but I have not signed this.

I now wish to leave the company because I do not agree with the culture being established by the new company and the new CEO. I may be going to work for a rival company which will NOT be competing with the original company I signed with, but WILL be competing with the new firm that I have NOT signed an employee agreement or NCA with.

Will I be safe from any potential lawsuits?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't know. I haven't read the relevant documentation.

You might want to have an attorney review and assess. There are some things that are beyond the scope of a message board and interpreting documents we haven't read is one of them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">