• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about paying debts from special needs trust.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?GA
My cousin has a question that might solve our problem. Please see here for background https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/agent-error-creates-complicated-problem.657182/#post-3677354.
If she were to set up one of these trusts and then claim the annuity into it, could the estate claim some of the distributions to her father (in the amount that equals our portion) as a debt to my mother? We could provide some documentation and her portion (larger than the estates) would more then double the value of what her trust would be otherwise.
Thank you.


Senior Member
This should have been added to the other thread. But thanks for linking to it.

Bottom line: Whoever wants the money needs a lawyer to unravel the mess.

For $176,000 it makes no sense to go on without one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential