• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about Statue of limitation - Tennessee law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Is it a good idea, to prank a teacher with a potential bad reaction

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters

Maymee

Trespassing
Criminal Mischief
Littering
And vandalism.

I’ve seen numerous terns charged with vandalism because they rolled a teacher’s yard. Add pesky glitter to it, I guarantee these kids will be charged. Albeit, their only punishment likely to be community service but there will be expensive court costs that have to be paid.

OP, you say it’s biodegradable dependent on the weather. You say we (I’m also in TN) gets lots of rain during summer and winter but you’re wrong. We went 10 weeks without rain and this winter is going to be a lot dryer and warmer than in years past.

Also, in regards to the statute of limitations, you could be sued up to a year afterwards for damages. I know you’re thinking there won’t be any with this case but I can’t express how often that thought is wrong. And again, there will be big expenses (court costs, attorney’s fee, etc) to come of it.

In summary, this isn’t going to end well for you and your children. They need to come up with a prank that isn’t going to potentially mess up their future.

quincy

Vandalism was mentioned earlier. If the property is damaged by the activity or it is costly to clean up the property, vandalism can be a valid charge and restitution can be ordered. The expense falls on the children (and parents).

Glitter is probably one of the worst parts of the proposed plan. Glitter is hard to remove entirely and, if the children aren't arrested on the teacher's property (which I suspect they would be), it might not be too difficult to spot a glittery senior high school student.

quincy

Some thought should also be given to how such repercussions might affect any financial aid/scholarships the darlings get...
A conviction on a misdemeanor charge could result in a college revoking a student's acceptance to the school, and scholarships could disappear.

Yup. This plan of the kids is just an all-around bad idea. :)

PayrollHRGuy

Not the OP's stat but a neighbor. A couple of years ago we had a parent arrested for multiple counts of Contributing to the delinquency of a minor for not just knowing that the kids in his charge were going to do exactly what the OP's kids are going to do but cheering them on.

That said, how is this even a prank on the teacher? The teacher is going to be on vacation.

Just Blue

Not the OP's stat but a neighbor. A couple of years ago we had a parent arrested for multiple counts of Contributing to the delinquency of a minor for not just knowing that the kids in his charge were going to do exactly what the OP's kids are going to do but cheering them on.

That said, how is this even a prank on the teacher? The teacher is going to be on vacation.
I guess the "prank" is when teacher get home and his/her yard is a flipping mess...and sparkles.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">