• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about using someone else's services but renaming under my own.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

It's not an issue with the guns being modified, it's having someone claiming to be modifying the gun but then really just sending it off to them for the work. The first time there's some sort of customer confusion involved with this I bet they pull the plug pretty quick. A lot of the manufacturers are pretty protective of their service organizations and affiliates.
If the op is installing the trigger, he is modifying the gun. It would be no different than changing any other part to affect operation.

The company modifying the triggers appears to be recieving only the trigger, modifying it and returning it. Obviously the company would realize op was using their services way more than he would if he was modifying only his gun. I’m not sure they would care since they probably have similar situations already. Unless all the customers do their own work, it is likely gunnshops are a big part of the modifiers clientele.

I wonder what trigger mod the op is even talking about. I find complete new (not exchange) drop in triggers but they top out around $250. I’ve found several under $200 and kits less than $100.

justalayman

For the Ruger 10/22.
Well, I know that Quincy.

There are multiple trigger mod kits and triggers available out there for the Ruger 10/22. The most expensive one I can find is a complete trigger unit replacement with a modified unit. The most expensive replacement i can find is under $300. I cannot imagine a rework of a customers trigger costing anywhere near the cost of a new upgraded unit. There are trigger kits to modify a trigger with upgraded parts for under $100.

Thst is what I was talking about when I said I wonder what mod the op was talking about.

quincy

Oh. It sounded as if you didn't know.

But it does not seem to matter much at this point because Kinzik has decided not to market the modified triggers.

justalayman

Oh. It sounded as if you didn't know.

But it does not seem to matter much at this point because Kinzik has decided not to market the modified triggers.
I know and it didn’t really matter to the question. It was merely a point of curiosity for me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">