• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question bout fmla

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jumac

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? maine

Got a quick question bout FMLA rules.

I am on intermite FMLA for my wife who has some medical issue that can sometime make her bed ridding for a day and unable to care for herself.

For the 1st time I use it I was told i would need to bring in a doctors note form her doctor. I called the doctor and even though shes going give me one she said that my work SHOULD NEVER be asking for me for a note form her if I use a FMLA day.

My questions are can a company request a note form a doctor for using a FMLA day and could i get in trouble with work somehow if

1. if they can and the doctor won't give me one.
2. if they can't and the doctor reports them and they get in trouble.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
They may ask for re-certification from the doctor no more frequently than once every 30 days.

jumac

they not asking for a re-cerit what they want is note form doctor say that she was not in a condtion to be left home alone for the day in question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">