• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question/Cyber Stalking Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fall_river32

I apologize I did have one additional question that I forgot to post last time? When I went to court for my Cyber-stalking case, the defendant and the attorney (whom was quite inexperienced) showed up and re read my complaint etc....Once they realized they had a serious allegation to combat/defend...The attorney told the Judge that he needed more time for discovery...I saw the defendant's file on the desk in court when the attorney opened it there was a blank piece of paper....Therefore, they really had nothing to present as a defense...His attorney asked too see my attorney for a minute in the hall....After about 5 minutes my attorney came back and told me that they have new allegations. Claiming I did things to the defendant that are not true. These allegations were never mentioned before....They made this stuff up on the spot to look like they have something against me....Are they allowed to pull allegations out of the sky at the last minute with no proof? I feel the judge should have asked them why this was never presented before now? Any advice helpful Thanks? I did my attorney but he said there was a few things that they shouldn't have done but he did not elaborate. Thanks.

quincy

You should add this to your other thread. Thanks.

The blank piece of paper you saw indicates nothing, really, and if the judge is allowing for an extension of time, I guess there will be an extension.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I apologize I did have one additional question that I forgot to post last time? When I went to court for my Cyber-stalking case, the defendant and the attorney (whom was quite inexperienced) showed up and re read my complaint etc....Once they realized they had a serious allegation to combat/defend...The attorney told the Judge that he needed more time for discovery...I saw the defendant's file on the desk in court when the attorney opened it there was a blank piece of paper....Therefore, they really had nothing to present as a defense...His attorney asked too see my attorney for a minute in the hall....After about 5 minutes my attorney came back and told me that they have new allegations. Claiming I did things to the defendant that are not true. These allegations were never mentioned before....They made this stuff up on the spot to look like they have something against me....Are they allowed to pull allegations out of the sky at the last minute with no proof? I feel the judge should have asked them why this was never presented before now? Any advice helpful Thanks? I did my attorney but he said there was a few things that they shouldn't have done but he did not elaborate. Thanks.
You do realize, don't you, that the blank piece of paper could be to keep prying eyes from seeing the actual documents?

quincy

Most attorneys hide their case documents from prying eyes - by either closing folders or putting something over the documents.

I know of one attorney who got his client in a bit of a pickle with his employer when the attorney left in view of others the employer's confidential compensation schedule for employees - a confidential document that could have been gold to the employer's competitors.

And, even if it was merely a blank sheet of paper hiding nothing at all, that is not evidence of anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">