• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question for a friend?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

formerlsa

What is the name of your state? MA

Hi, I have a good friend from Columbia. Her parents saved enough money for one child to come to America and she has been here for 18 years. She married an American man 17 years ago and they have 2 children 15 and 12. Well, he is now having an affair, spending most of his time in a condo in NH where he works, and only comes home a few times a week to see the children.He says he loves the kids but not her anymore. This is killing her emotionally. BUT, this isn't the worst of it. For years, he has had his own bank accounts, he has given her measly amounts of money and it is getting worse. For the past few months he has given her $50 a week for food for the children. She has never worked, was a fulltime Mom and the kids have everything but that is starting to change as he seems to be spending his money elsewhere or maybe even starting to hide it. She finally got a job at minimum wage at the local grocery store sorting fruits. He makes her pay her own car insurance. She has been the best mother and wife for all these years, he likes the submissive type and has pretty much demanded sex as much as he wanted too and she did it because she thought this is what she was supposed to do. She is not a strong American woman and has NO support in the US at all and her family in Columbia are poor. Now that he is having sex with someone else of course he is done with her. She found lipstick and makeup all over his clothes and he told her not to bother washing his clothes anymore, she has really taken care of all of them in a motherly and she has been a good wife just not independent.

She called me crying to help her. I always try my best to help people in any way I can. I just don't know where to start. He makes over 6 figures a year. I told her to find his w'2 from the last couple of years. Her english is not that great although she learned it on her own but has no skills to really support herself and her children.

He sent her off to Columbia a few months ago, quickly, which was suspect, but her Mom has been ill for years and there is no healthcare at all there, she just sits in a bed in a home with dirt floors waiting to die, very sad. When she was gone he took the 15 year old daughter to dinner and told the daughter he was about to divorce her mother........the poor kid........what a thing to do!!!! He told her not to tell her mother. Now my friend has lost tons of weight 5'7 100 pounds and is about to go crazy. He is in complete control of all assets and money and told her to let him live his own life like she is stupid!

Does anyone have any advice at all? She has no access to his money, he never gives her any, no credits cards in her name etc.... I cannot bring her to my lawyer because I paid alot for my divorce......Any advice at all? Thank you

Zephyr

she needs a shark of a lawyer, one that will immediately file for hubby to be responsible for wifes legal fees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">