• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question for my husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shay-Pari'e

What is the name of your state? CA, and he won't post his own darn question.:eek:

Work related injury. Shoulder surgery in Feb. Physical therapy following. He was told by someone at work that he could get compensation since he had to have surgery. It there any truth to that?. I found it an odd question, but he wanted me to ask.

weenor

In answering this I am assuming that he has already received compensation for lost work time and that his medical bills are paid.

He can receive additional permanent partial disability if the doctor has found a permanent physical impairment and (hopefully) noted that impairment in the medical records.. IAAL may know the calculations for CA (I don't) but the impairment rating would be set into a formula ( in CA statute or department of labor regs) to determine the compensation he is owed.

Edited to Add: I know what you mean I do all the research in the house myself.

Shay-Pari'e

weenor said:
In answering this I am assuming that he has already received compensation for lost work time and that his medical bills are paid.

He can receive additional permanent partial disability if the doctor has found a permanent physical impairment and (hopefully) noted that impairment in the medical records.. IAAL may know the calculations for CA (I don't) but the impairment rating would be set into a formula ( in CA statute or department of labor regs) to determine the compensation he is owed.

Edited to Add: I know what you mean I do all the research in the house myself.
Thanks for answering Weenor. I have no idea if it is permenant since he is recently post op.

His company was great through it all and he was paid his disability, and every medical bill was paid. He was supposed to be out for at least 6 weeks but was able to get his Doc to sign off for him to go back to work at 2 weeks out on light duty and full duty at four weeks. (He is a work whore).

I will have him check with his Doc as to what his records show.

Thanks again hun.

rmet4nzkx

Shay-Pari'e said:
Thanks for answering Weenor. I have no idea if it is permenant since he is recently post op.

His company was great through it all and he was paid his disability, and every medical bill was paid. He was supposed to be out for at least 6 weeks but was able to get his Doc to sign off for him to go back to work at 2 weeks out on light duty and full duty at four weeks. (He is a work whore).

I will have him check with his Doc as to what his records show.

Thanks again hun.
Once he is "perment and stationary" they will make a determination re what he may be entitled to in addition to what he was already paid. You can contact the Worker's Comp board for more details, hopefully he actually placed a worker's comp claim and didn't just use insurance and sick time? http://www.dir.ca.gov/WCAB/wcab.htm

Shay-Pari'e

rmet4nzkx said:
Once he is "perment and stationary" they will make a determination re what he may be entitled to in addition to what he was already paid. You can contact the Worker's Comp board for more details, hopefully he actually placed a worker's comp claim and didn't just use insurance and sick time? http://www.dir.ca.gov/WCAB/wcab.htm
He definitely has a worker's comp claim. Did not use sick day's. I don't know if he fits the *Permenent and stationary* thing as he was released back to full duty, sooner than the doc wanted, but my hubby was going nuts after a week home with TV. He has since had to have a shot. He needs his other shoulder worked on soon, but again, nothing that will keep him from not doing his job.

He may have been more curious than anything, because he is not the type to seek money for trivial things.

Thanks for the info guy's.

rmet4nzkx

Shay-Pari'e said:
He definitely has a worker's comp claim. Did not use sick day's. I don't know if he fits the *Permenent and stationary* thing as he was released back to full duty, sooner than the doc wanted, but my hubby was going nuts after a week home with TV. He has since had to have a shot. He needs his other shoulder worked on soon, but again, nothing that will keep him from not doing his job.

He may have been more curious than anything, because he is not the type to seek money for trivial things.

Thanks for the info guy's.
He is sabatoging his own case and undermining his recovery byreturning to work without restrictions too soon. Did you have him watch AMC & OLTL evey day from 12-2PM? Or the food network? What about ESPN? All would have captured his attention. He needs a worker's comp atty, the board can supply a list of attys in your area and their fee comes from any settlement.

Also you need to look at this thread https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=324175

weenor

rmet4nzkx said:
He is sabatoging his own case and undermining his recovery byreturning to work without restrictions too soon. Did you have him watch AMC & OLTL evey day from 12-2PM? Or the food network? What about ESPN? All would have captured his attention. He needs a worker's comp atty, the board can supply a list of attys in your area and their fee comes from any settlement.

Also you need to look at this thread https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=324175
Well if he got the doc to sign off then he's probably ok. Now, if he has restrictions and doesn't follow them then he is hurting his case. He's doesn't need to do the "macho" thing and prove how tough he is. That will only complicate things. The doctor will determine MMI (maximum medical improvement)- meaning that he's as good as he's going to get- then assign the impairment rating.

Shay-Pari'e

OK you guy's, I guess we are confused. His shoulder will never be 100 %, but he can still climb and do his job. I was thinking you guy's meant that he had to be disabled enough not to be able to do his job any longer, but he can.

Rmet! If you only knew. He was looking forward to being home, but was in so much pain the first few day's, and his meds wired him instead of relaxing him. I actually came home to finding him so high on percocet that he was in his undies checking the mail. He then wanted me to check out the clouds with him.:eek:

I will have him consult a attorney. He is a Foreman, and doesn't like to look whimpy. I don't think his Doc signed off just because Hubby asked, he really was recovering well. I loved his doctor, he is one of the docs for the Giants, and I actually rubbed shoulders with a couple of them. (Like I would know who they were).

Thanks both of you for taking such good care of me and my question.

rmet4nzkx

Shay-Pari'e said:
OK you guy's, I guess we are confused. His shoulder will never be 100 %, but he can still climb and do his job. I was thinking you guy's meant that he had to be disabled enough not to be able to do his job any longer, but he can.

Rmet! If you only knew. He was looking forward to being home, but was in so much pain the first few day's, and his meds wired him instead of relaxing him. I actually came home to finding him so high on percocet that he was in his undies checking the mail. He then wanted me to check out the clouds with him.:eek:

I will have him consult a attorney. He is a Foreman, and doesn't like to look whimpy. I don't think his Doc signed off just because Hubby asked, he really was recovering well. I loved his doctor, he is one of the docs for the Giants, and I actually rubbed shoulders with a couple of them. (Like I would know who they were).

Thanks both of you for taking such good care of me and my question.
Sweetie,
Prancing around in his tighty whities is a guy thing, checking the clouds, how romantic!

T

thepizzaguy

rmet4nzkx said:
Sweetie,
Prancing around in his tighty whities is a guy thing, checking the clouds, how romantic!
Is that one of those "California things"? :D

T

thepizzaguy

Shay-Pari'e said:
Old thread don't you think? To answer your question, It is a macho guy on pain meds thing. It is a *State Wide* disorder.
Yes it is an old thread. Sorry, just some extra time on my hands and found myself surfing the web. Didn't pay attention to the date on the thread.

But sometimes, I must admit I try to grab the paper from the basket in my tightie whities. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">