• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question for my mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iheartny2003

New York

My adult sister was staying at my mothers home for 2 months while my mother was in another state (jan. 2002), she did this in order to watch the house, she had a home of her own.
While staying there, my sister's dog bit a child at the child's home-not at my mother's home. The dog is a peek-a-poo, have pekanise, half poodle.
The parents of the child sued my mother's insurance company and apparently won, as my mother just got a "non renewal due to dog bite" notice. My mother's insurance company never even contacted her to tell her that a claim was being processed, or to get her side of the story. Are they allowed to do this? Can she fight it? As of today, the insurance agent says it isn't even in the computer yet, and she cant even tell us how much they paid the child's family, but they know that the insurance company won't reconsider dropping her. My mother has never filed a claim against her insurance company in 46 years, and they dropped her like a hot potatoe with out even giving her a chance to explain. What can we do?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">