• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ConcernedDad1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I have a question about the custody laws in Florida. My ex-wife and I were divorced in 2005. We have 2 children together and I currently see them about 42% of the time. I have tried to speak to my ex wife and come to an agreement that allows us to split time with the kids 50/50, but she says that she "has her reasons" why she won't agree to that. Would the new custody laws in Florida help me at all if I chose to go back to court or does the change only affect new divorced couples?

ConcernedDad1

Current Time

I currently have visitation every Thursday and every other weekend from Thursday to Monday. I am proposing Monday - Monday with each parent and then overnight on Thursday with the parent who doesn't have them for the week. We literally live maybe 10 minutes apart so travel wouldn't be an issue. I even offered to pay the same amount of child support so it wouldn't be a financial burden for my ex-wife.

Gracie3787

I currently have visitation every Thursday and every other weekend from Thursday to Monday. I am proposing Monday - Monday with each parent and then overnight on Thursday with the parent who doesn't have them for the week. We literally live maybe 10 minutes apart so travel wouldn't be an issue. I even offered to pay the same amount of child support so it wouldn't be a financial burden for my ex-wife.
You can get a low cost consult by calling the Florida Bar Lawyer Refferal Service at 1-800-342-8011.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">