• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on Bank Levy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alcoello

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I prepared a Notice of Child Support Lien and had it notarized to be overnighted to the County Clerks office.

I know I need a Notice of Levy - but do I prepare this the same way or does it have to go before a judge.

arrears have already been adjudicated, had a writ for garnishment but he quit his job.

Do I file the Notice of Levy the same time as the Notice of Child Support Lien, and have it served the same time?

Also, I have a last known address on the court docs, but I think he moved, just don't know the address, can I use the last known address on his court docs. I called OAG and they will not give me his new address.

Am I following proper procedure?

alcoello

Family Code

I read the Family Code and it doesn't say if a Levy has to be recorded . . .

it gives specifics to a Lien being recorded but not a Levy, do I just certify mail the levy? with the recorded lien?

alcoello

Anybody?

Ok, I think I file a Notice of Lien and get it recorded in the county he has property and bank accounts.

Then I can SEND the Notice of Levy . . .without filing it??

I already have an arrears judgment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">