• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on calculator

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hire21618

What is the name of your state? Indiana

STBX is a landscaper, so works less hours during winter. When I fill in the calculator do I use his full earning potential of his summer hours?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Indiana

STBX is a landscaper, so works less hours during winter. When I fill in the calculator do I use his full earning potential of his summer hours?
No, you would take what he earns yearly, and divide it by 12 months.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You'd use his actual income, as declared to the IRS (plus any "under the table" income that you can document). If his income is less than minimum wage, you can ask that he be imputed at min. wage. It will be up to the court whether to grant that request. But you can't add income he didn't make simply because you are now splitting up.

charless

As the two members above said, you will have to look at the actual annual income - except you would divide it by 52 to get his weekly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">