• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on CO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kidoday

What is the name of your state? MI

I have shared custody. The CO states that each parent shal have a minimum of two hours with each chold on that child's birthday.

No brainer as far as I am concerned. Here is the gray part that wasn't covered. The birthday child will be going back to the other parent for their two week portion of the shared parenting time at 6:00 p.m. on the child's birthday. The parent who will begin the two week period is insisting on picking up the birthday child in the middle of the afternoon for a minimum of two hours as the court order states above. Am I wrong or isn't the parent that is picking up the birthday child at 6:00 pm already getting more than a minimum of two hours?

Is this petty? You bet your bippy it is. Just curious.

H

hexeliebe

What does the order state EXACTLY?

I would suspect that it says that each parent would get a minimum of two hours with the child on the birthday and not anything about ADDITIONAL two hours.

But to be safe, type out that portion exactly as it appears.

<EDITED> And yes, damn petty :D

kidoday

I did type out exactly as it was stated.

Oh and you are right, it doesn't state anything about an additional two hours. The order was written up as if the parent that didn't have the child at all on the child's birthday would get a minimum of two hours.

I guess no one thought about when the birthday fell on an exhange day.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
H

hexeliebe

Then tell NCP to pick the kid up at 6 p.m. like arranged and quit being a dick (or, if it's a she, bitch) :D

OR, now here's a novel thought. Tell him/her to pick the damn kid up two hours early :D

OR another novel thought. Cut the kid in half and give him the bottom half.

H

hexeliebe

I do have them now and then....

between the flashbacks and dementia:eek:

H

hexeliebe

I would love to be the judge.

"O.K. you two, let's just cut the kid in half and be done with it. Who wants the ass-end and who wants the snot-nosed end?"

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stealth2 said:
I would love to be a fly on the wall of the courtroom where this would be heard.

===================================

My response:

Actually, that would be a bad thing to wish for. All you'd hear is "bzzzz, bzzzz, bzzzz", and you'd see 36 views of the same thing!

And, besides, some bailiff would probably swat you off the wall, and then you'd miss everything anyway.

That's scary.

IAAL

WyattJ

In my joint parenting papars it states the same thing that each parent gets the child on the child's birthday from 5 p.m. till 7 p.m.

Why not everyone that has papers done just make sure they put times on there instead of just a day - holidays, birthdays, father's day, mother's day, one-day holidays'...ect...It makes it so much better then try and figure out what time! what time!

And yes on occassions it does land on a wrong day but since we have times with it - it does make it more easier.

WyattJ

Thank you I will take that has a compliment. :)

But its better when two adults cannot agree on times to have it in writing on your CO papers and be done with it. There there can't be problems with the visitation - maybe other stipulations but at least visits.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
WyattJ said:
each parent gets the child on the child's birthday from 5 p.m. till 7 p.m.
Not to be difficult, but how can EACH parent get the child from 5-7pm? Or do you mean the NCP gets the child from 5-7 on his/her bday?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">