• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kgh1977

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

Okay, so this order is temporary and was put in place on Oct. 22nd, last week.

I am looking for a possible clarification as to what it means for the spouses, ie what they can and cannot do, sign, participate in, etc.

The exact wording on the order is:

1. Partners of the parties shall not be a part of any decisions regarding the children except for a life or health issue.

Here is the situation. Last night I went to my daughter's parent/teacher conference. My daugher's teacher and I went over her IEP for Math and when I went to sign it, I see that Step mom signed it with my ex. As far as I am reading from the order, I believe that they violated it by her signing it with him because that is an educational decision.

Please let me know if I am incorrect in my thoughts on this as I do not want to file for contempt if it is not clear enough in the language of the order.

Any thoughts on this is great.

Thank you in advance.

profmum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

Okay, so this order is temporary and was put in place on Oct. 22nd, last week.

I am looking for a possible clarification as to what it means for the spouses, ie what they can and cannot do, sign, participate in, etc.

The exact wording on the order is:

1. Partners of the parties shall not be a part of any decisions regarding the children except for a life or health issue.

Here is the situation. Last night I went to my daughter's parent/teacher conference. My daugher's teacher and I went over her IEP for Math and when I went to sign it, I see that Step mom signed it with my ex. As far as I am reading from the order, I believe that they violated it by her signing it with him because that is an educational decision.

Please let me know if I am incorrect in my thoughts on this as I do not want to file for contempt if it is not clear enough in the language of the order.

Any thoughts on this is great.

Thank you in advance.
Not the wisest move for Smum to sign the document, but she cosigned with dad and most importantly this is NOT a fight worth picking.. contempt for what? that she signed the childs IEP along with dad?? pick your battles otherwise it is going to be a long bitter stretch till the child turns 18.

kgh1977

What I didnt put in my post is that the court found that she has been interferring in my relationship with my daughter. That is also in the order that the court found this.

So I know that little things alone arent a big deal.....it is when it has been happening over and over again for 2.5 years now. Same things.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
How did her signing it with dad interfere with YOUR relationship with your child? Is this a hill you really want to die on? Hint: it does not concern the safety and wellbeing of your child.

ariastar

If Step-Mom signed it INSTEAD of Dad, then you'd have a fight worth picking. As far as what's happened, Dad made the decision, and Step-Mom co-signed. She'll be able to help enforce the decisions made, but is not making the decisions. You should be glad she's willing to enforce the decisions you and Dad make instead of standing back and not caring.

But this is not interference with your relationship.

Can you afford to pick a fight over Step-Mom CO-signing? Are you willing to risk the child suffering as money from both households is spent in court fighting over this?

LdiJ

What I didnt put in my post is that the court found that she has been interferring in my relationship with my daughter. That is also in the order that the court found this.

So I know that little things alone arent a big deal.....it is when it has been happening over and over again for 2.5 years now. Same things.
I would document that she did that, and then if you have further instances, showing a pattern of them disregarding the new orders, then you can take it back to court for contempt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">