• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on W/C and Short Term Disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I am currently in PA and am on Worker's Comp due to a work related illness. Since it's only neccessary for an employer's insurer to do 66 2/3 of your pay in the state of pa am I allowed to file for short term disability with it to make up any differences?

Or will this affect my worker's compensation?

Thanks all help is appreciated...


Senior Member
No. You cannot claim an injury or illness is work related and then file for benefits under your employer's group health STD policy. For one thing, such employer sponsored STD policies always specifically exclude coverage for work related injuries/illnesses. That's what worker's comp is for.

If your State legislature sought fit to set the W.C. disabilty benefit at 66-2/3rds of pay, then that's it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential