• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question regarding statute of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilfleck

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I purchased a used Mitsubishi from a local dealership in 2004. Prior to purchasing the vehicle, I was shown a CarFax report and it showed no prior accidents and the title looked clean.

Since I have owned the car, I have gotten into one accident in the rain (in 2007). Prior to that accident, I have had a series of problems with the car. Most of it was idle problems.

I have just gotten the car appraised by a local dealership for trade in and they showed me a current CarFax. To my surprise, I saw two prior accidents in 2001 and 2002.

When I purchased the car, I was under the impression that this car was clean of any accidents and would not have purchased it if I had seen the accidents on the CarFax. I still have the original CarFax with a date on it.

I have spent a lot of money on constant repairs on this vehicle, and I have always suspected it was a lemon. Is there anything I can do?

msiron

SOL - sell the car and buy a new one or find a competent mechanic to fix it right and enjoy it. Congrats on another non-loyal American who buys a foreign car and everyone wonders why we're in this mess we are knee deep in. :eek: oh but foreign cars are soooooo much better... tell me another fable.

lilfleck

So, I'm a non-loyal American because I don't buy domestic cars? And inferring that domestic manufacturers make better cars?

GM and Ford are in such a poor position because they not only had less strict guidelines for manufacturing cars, but they didn't see a shift in demand from large, inefficient, unreliable to cheaper, smaller, and more reliable cars.

You're post is of no help. Does anyone have anything helpful to say?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">