• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

multitask

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum section for this question but here goes, I am not an AOL user but am having problems with one particular AOL user harrassing me. They continue to send me virus each day. My Norton catches the virus and quarantines it. However, the attempts continue. Additionally, I forward each of the attempts to the appropriate aol reporting email address. Yet the problem continues since July 17th. It's now September. I have contacted AOL and spoken to various folks. Each time AOL tells me the problem will be remedied yet the emails continue. I have even spoken to their fraud department, and written their legal department, who ironically sent me an email saying Dear AOL user, we forwarded your email to... I am at a loss for how to stop these personal attacks.

Does anyone think a lawyer would would take a case like this on contingency, to sue AOL because of this problem. This behavior violates AOL's written terms of service according their website (it's posted there) yet AOL continues to allow the user to harrass me.

What recourse do I have as a consumer to prevent this type of abuse? I have a hard time believing that I am the only person this has happened to. Shouldn't AOL be held accountable in some way for it's users. Is there any law about this?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">