• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Medusadesign

What is the name of your state? TX

Since years my ex has done everything possible to bend the law (not break) to make access to my child, Medical, school information/Phone access difficult. Eventually I figured out where to go to get most of it myself. It's effecting not only myself emotionally beyond believe, but now also my child. It's all about contol and manipulation.

We have joint custody but they live in a different state. My child is 13 and more and more is feeling the pressure of this.

I have thought about to just withdraw so my child doesn't have to deal with it, because I feel responsible for part of it. But on the other Hand I know my child needs me.

Is there legally anything I can do, to make things a little easier?
I am foreign and try to make sense of the system.

Please help. Thank you much

:confused:

H

hexeliebe

Is there legally anything I can do, to make things a little easier?
Make what easier? If you mean access to your child's information then yes, you can file for a modification of the custody order requiring BOTH parents to share the information.

Anything that you want that isn't specifically detailed in the court order, you must return to court and have it included.

M

Medusadesign

Thanks for the response.

Maybe I didn't write it correctly.
You say if the papers say I have a right to medical papers/school info/ calls, I have to actually make sure to include how often, how and in what form?? Great, I wish my lawyer was more helpful. I didn't know.

If my ex does not follow certain things in the court papers, is there anything that can be done legally. And what?

Thank you

H

hexeliebe

Yes, you file a motion to show cause for contempt of a valid court order. But be very careful. Unless you can document each and every time she has violated a standing court order, and unless it's a practice over months and not a single time, the judge isn't going to take kindly to you running to court every time you have issues with the ex.

Let her dig her own grave. You document each and every time she violates the custody agreement. Then, after say six months, you nail her ass in court.

M

Medusadesign

His Ass. Thank you much. That answered my Question. I have piles of Records and proof. Now I am glad I kept everything. Thanks again.

Q

QuickdrawMcFly

Now THAT is funny! :D LMAO!

(I figure I give Hex a hard enough time usually, I should give it up when he cracks me up too. Fair is fair.) :D

Later! FJguy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">