• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curiousdad1

What is the name of your state? CT

Can someone tell me if CT takes parenting time into consideration when setting child support orders? I have joint custody with my wife but want to pursue joint shared physical custody as i have them just as much as she does . Since our divorce i have been getitng the children more and more each month mainly because the ex and I are getting along well since we arent married. Which is really good for the children as they get to spend equal time with both of us. Where do I look for guidelines on what the courts consider when granting shared physical custody?.,...

xKellyx

I would be afraid that if you went to back to court that the ex would get pissed and that you would lose the great parenting relationship you have with her. Try asking her first in a very polite way when she is in a very good mood.

curiousdad1

Just an update on what I have done since posting on this board. I went yesterday to see an attorney and he told me that with the documentation that i have about how much i have my children at my home that i already have what they call shared physical custody just not on paper legally. He said since my expenses have gone up and hers have gone down because she doesnt have them as much that i would have a good case to get my support dropped or either reduced to barely anything. I also told him(the lawyer) that I am covering all of the childrens medical to inlcude deductibles as of last month because she dropped them off of her insurance(divorce papers say she will carry them on her medical) as she wanted her new husband to put them on his insurance..Hahaha..That cant happen...So with all of that he said that he could file the papers for me for a mere $3000. Unbelieveable...What do you think about me going to court on my own with what i have and filing? Anyone ever done that and come out ok ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">