• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

QUESTION

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

micheleo

I left my abusive boyfriend and moved to my parents state for safety and my boyfriend attacked me and took my baby
(3 months old)back to his home. I filed a police report and was granted custody due to domestic violence however the judge in his home state wouldn't honor the decree.
Is it my lawyer's best choice to file a civil lawsuit in federal court to remove him from the custody case under the USCJ code and have my custody restored?
Didn't my ex commit parental kidnapping?
Thanks.

L

LadyBlu

micheleo said:
I left my abusive boyfriend and moved to my parents state for safety and my boyfriend attacked me and took my baby
(3 months old)back to his home. I filed a police report and was granted custody due to domestic violence however the judge in his home state wouldn't honor the decree.
Is it my lawyer's best choice to file a civil lawsuit in federal court to remove him from the custody case under the USCJ code and have my custody restored?
Didn't my ex commit parental kidnapping?
Thanks.
Did you file with the courts in his state for a custody and jurisdiction hearing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">