• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rowan602

What is the name of your state? Colorado

This may sound like a weird question, but in a child support case, if the father requests a paternity test, are the results generally included in the court order? Or at least in the court's paperwork on the case? If a paternity test is requested, is the person requesting it required to show the lab results in court, or can they just say "I'm satisfied that this is my child"? Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rowan

Rowan602 said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado

This may sound like a weird question, but in a child support case, if the father requests a paternity test, are the results generally included in the court order? Or at least in the court's paperwork on the case? If a paternity test is requested, is the person requesting it required to show the lab results in court, or can they just say "I'm satisfied that this is my child"? Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rowan
They usually discuss it in court date as well. It is included into the courts file, it also is sent to both parties by mail (I received a copy by mail and a copy in person at the court date (my ex's lawyer got a copy in court nad I assume he got one copy in mail). Then if he isnt listed as father on BC they send for an amendment to the BC and then I received a new copy of that as well from Vital statistics.

Thats how it worked in NY so it may very but im sure they notify the parties someway with a copy of the testing results.

Rowan602

interesting actions on his part

Well, here's what happened:

My ex requested a paternity test when I went to CSE. They tested all three of us. I never received a copy of the results, and when I called the lab, the wouldn't give them to me. They said that my ex had told them not to allow me access. I guess since he paid for that, he's allowed to do that, at least, that's what they told me. When we went in for the hearing, NOTHING about paternity was mentioned, whatsoever. When I asked my ex about the test he said, "oh, she's my little girl" but refused to show me the test results. I was kind of suspicious, but din't really think anything of it, because at the time, I did not believe that there was any possibility other than him being the father. I've recently uncovered some new info, and would like to verify the results of the paternity test. Is the lab required to let me see them?

Thanks,
Rowan

GrandmaOH

Rowan602 said:
Well, here's what happened:

My ex requested a paternity test when I went to CSE. They tested all three of us. I never received a copy of the results, and when I called the lab, the wouldn't give them to me. They said that my ex had told them not to allow me access. I guess since he paid for that, he's allowed to do that, at least, that's what they told me. When we went in for the hearing, NOTHING about paternity was mentioned, whatsoever. When I asked my ex about the test he said, "oh, she's my little girl" but refused to show me the test results. I was kind of suspicious, but din't really think anything of it, because at the time, I did not believe that there was any possibility other than him being the father. I've recently uncovered some new info, and would like to verify the results of the paternity test. Is the lab required to let me see them?

Thanks,
Rowan
How can you just uncover new info about who may be the father of your child?!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm so glad someone else asked the question I had in my mind. I'm already guessing at the possibilities!

Rowan602

I believed that the only other person I'd had relations with was sterile. I recently discovered that he is not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">