• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alcoello

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Just got subpeona (investigative demand) by the AG's office for telemarketing
we are a non profit organization, not soliciting funds, just information.

Where does this post go? is this the correct place?

We just got a subpoena from the AG of MO for Chapter 407 Merchandising Practices Section 407.0202

there was no sale or advertisement of any merchandise in trade or commerce and not even solicitation of funds

"Although the FTC would not have the jurisdiction to file suit against a charity in such instances, a state attorney general's office may attempt to do so."

Is there someone available that can help me prepare an answer . .I have ONE WEEK!!! is there a way to file for an extension to produce the stuff they need, its a lot. So my question is, can I file for an extension to get all the info they are demanding for their investigation. Or do i file something saying we are a non profit organization, not soliciting funds, only giving information??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">