• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questionable practices at College

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eaquiset

What is the name of your state? Canada

Hi, I have been searching the net but haven't been able to find any relevant online resources to steer me in the right direction.

I am a full-time mature student at a community college in Toronto, Canada, just completed my first semester in a legal assistant program and am extremely disappointed at many things:

1. lack of professionalism of the teachers and the backward teaching methods

2. the constant withholding of information from students especially regarding our recent co-op placement which was a very disappointing experience for the majority of the students;

3. the mistrust betwen the program co-ordinator and the students;

4. the perceived conflict of interest between the progam co-ordinator and the students - the program coordinator wears two hats: she teaches one of the courses in the program and is also the program coordinator, thus leaving students noone to turn to when complaints arise;

5. the ongoing misleading comments throughout the course in terms of the actual duration of the progarm in which I am enrolled.

There are quite a few other issues. The above are the more important ones.

I would like to write a formal letter to the Facultly and perhaps the Board of Directors of the School and would like some guidance. Are there any online sites that you can recommend for starters?

Many thanks.

Liz

HomeGuru

eaquiset said:
What is the name of your state? Canada

I am a full-time mature student at a community college in Toronto, Canada, just completed my first semester in a legal assistant program...

**A: how in the world would a full-time mature student ever think that Canada is a state of the US?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Reasons Why Canadians Are So Confused About the "States" - -

NUMBER 10: Canadians always stop at Manitoba gas stations asking, "Is this the United States?"

NUMBER 9: From birth to death, Canadians walk around in a state of total confusion.

NUMBER 8: Canadians suffer from the "Who's On First" type of confusion whenever they enter the United States.

NUMBER 7: For a brief moment, our writer also got confused thinking that Jacques Chirac was President of the United States.

NUMBER 6: Our writer also complains that her professor said, "Your grade will be determined by how well you wash my car".

NUMBER 5: During Christmas vacation from law school, our writer spends his time at "fat camp".

NUMBER 4: During Geography class, our writer learns that Canada is considered the United States' gay neighbor to the north.

NUMBER 3: During the oral portion of the Bar exam, you respond to every question with, "Hey - - I ain't in Mensa, you know!"

NUMBER 2: After listening to all the complaints, the Program Coordinator gives our writer Dr. Kevorkian's telephone number.

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Reason Why Canadians Are So Confused About the "States" - -

Canadians just can't believe that our satellite defense system is just a Polaroid camera on a really tall tree.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">