• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions about Custody and placement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I had a relationship with a man going through a divorce. We lived together and I became pregnant. He left 2 days after we found out and reconciled with his wife. Our child was born in June. Because I did not have Health Insc (lost my job Last Sept.)
I am recieving Health Care through the State. Child Support has
intervined to do paternity testing and a support order on behalf of our child. I believe he's going to try to get custody of our child.
He has a record (3 times convicted of drunk driving) The latest in Aug of 01". My question(s) is this......................... Because our child was concieved while he was still married and he left. Does that has any bearing in court. Because he has filed something in the county he lives in (which is about an hour away from where we live) can I have the Venue Changed. And How do I go about doing this. How do I go about gettinig his past DUI records introduced in court and go about setting up supervised visitation?? I CANNOT afford a lawyer at this time.
Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential