• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions for writing will & living will - sharing power

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Midnightwriter

What is the name of your state? FL

I have been having problems with my sister over my father's estate. and addressed some of the issues under the next topic header :

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114521

Do to this situation, my husband and I have been considering changing our will, and I have been thinking of making a change to my living will. Here are the concerns:

1. The living will I currently have seems to be a form type that does not specify a situation like a stroke, where a considerable amount of time may have to pass, before one knows if there is chance of regaining function and thinking. How should such an issue be addressed in a living will, if it is wished as such??? I would like to beleive that you can trust your stated person in charge, but as I found out with my dad's situation, this isn't always so.

2. In my dad's situation, I am finding out my sister has unlimited power both as power of attorney before he died and now as executor. I would like to list all of my four children as executrix, to my will, and share in the decision making, allowing them to have the benefit of not being locked out, as I am in my dad's situation. With four children (all adutl) there would be a problem if they could not come to agreement and four does not make a good number for breaking a tie. Do you have any suggestions as to how to give them some say in the execution of a will, without making it an impossible situation to probate? The same goes for the power of attorney question should a situation like my dad's occur. I would not want one person to destroy the estate for selfish gain, as my sister did with my dad's.

Of course at the present time, these questions are for the case of dual death of my husband and myself.

Thankyou for your advice.

Jane M

editing in:
It appears that vb code is off for posting the original link to the page with the original problem with my dad's estate. Here is the info for finding that page under this same topic "Wills and Probate"

Estate Problems with Sister in NY Midnightwriter 7 127 08-30-2002 05:37 AM
by Midnightwriter

I am sorry about not being to hyperlink, and thank you for addressing this question.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">