• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

questions on a Identity theft warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oldpumpkin

What is the name of your state? Detroit, Mi

this is about my brother. long story short, my brother who had felony probation warrants for heroin possession in Detroit had gotten 4 different trespass tickets in my name and finally was charged with Identity Theft 445.65 and now has a active warrant for the charge.

could he be put on crime stoppers for this warrant?

the warrant is out of Detroit and he is currently 200 miles upstate. what is the pickup rage on this type of warrant if he got caught up north?
also has larceny warrants, A fraud warrant and 4 other trespass warrants as well and he also has been convicted of burglary in the past.

how much jail time could my brother get once caught and brought back to Detroit?

xylene

I suggest you not assist your brother in absconding.

Yes he could appear on crime stoppers.

Yes he could expect to be returned to Detroit should he be arrested.

He needs to be prepared for some period of custodial incarceration, and a fraud case with past felonies could be a sentence 14 years or more with the other issues.

quincy

What is the name of your state? Detroit, Mi

this is about my brother. long story short, my brother who had felony probation warrants for heroin possession in Detroit had gotten 4 different trespass tickets in my name and finally was charged with Identity Theft 445.65 and now has a active warrant for the charge.

could he be put on crime stoppers for this warrant?

the warrant is out of Detroit and he is currently 200 miles upstate. what is the pickup rage on this type of warrant if he got caught up north?
also has larceny warrants, A fraud warrant and 4 other trespass warrants as well and he also has been convicted of burglary in the past.

how much jail time could my brother get once caught and brought back to Detroit?
First, the focus of Crimestoppers tends to be more serious crimes (e.g., murders).

If you know the location of your brother, you can report this to either the police in your area or to the police in his area. He can be arrested on the outstanding warrants.

There is no way to tell what sort of jail time your brother faces. He will want an attorney.

oldpumpkin

I suggest you not assist your brother in absconding.

Yes he could appear on crime stoppers.

Yes he could expect to be returned to Detroit should he be arrested.

He needs to be prepared for some period of custodial incarceration, and a fraud case with past felonies could be a sentence 14 years or more with the other issues.
i would never help my brother abscond, i filed many police reports against my brother for getting tickets in my name in the past, he may end up with another identity theft charge as well.. i want my brother to get caught so he doesnt get more charges in my name. i know he is staying with my father up north. i only have a phone number and not a adress to his current location.

xylene

Provide the police warrant squad in Detroit and in that local area with the number.

Numbers are easily tied to a precise location, especially those with a police database.

quincy

i would never help my brother abscond, i filed many police reports against my brother for getting tickets in my name in the past, he may end up with another identity theft charge as well.. i want my brother to get caught so he doesnt get more charges in my name. i know he is staying with my father up north. i only have a phone number and not a adress to his current location.
You can contact your local police, the state police and/or the police/sheriff's department in your father's city/township.

The police can locate the residence with a name and phone number.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">