• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions on GC revocation!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maybewronged!

What is the name of your state? CA

· I received my Green Card on April 14th and it is dated April 11th. I was fired/laid off on May 5th. So I have 3 pay stubs since getting the GC. They say it was firing for a cause so I have a difficult time finding another job.

· I filed for unemployment benefits on May 15th. I have received a check for 1 week already.

· I have since decided to open a business (in the same field that I worked in) and be on my own. I am a sales/marketing professional and worked with my GC sponsoring employer for 4.5 years. I have been in the same business for 6 plus years till date.

· The employer has in the past hired H4 visa holders and paid them in cash because they could not afford to pay market rate and I am pretty sure that's the reason I was let go.

Do any of the above reasons create any problems for my GC? Do I need to do anything at this time to cover my bases should he try to approach USCIS to have me GC cancelled? Can the EB GC ever be cancelled?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">