• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions RE: SD molested by SF

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki74

What is the name of your state?
Missouri

My wife posted on here a month or so ago about my daughter saying she was molested by her step-father. We hotlined it and DFS had her stay with me until the case was closed. They didn't have enough evidence to charge him so she went back to her moms.

She lives with her mom and i have visitation. She is 14 and wants to live with me. I hired an attorney about 3 weeks ago.

My daughter has been seeing a counselor since a week before she had to return to her moms. The counselor finally got her mom into counseling today and my daughter told me the counselor told BM that she should let her live with her dad.

BM was very upset and crying and saying she has raised her for 14 years and it would be like losing apart of herself and the counselor told her that if she didn't allow her to that their relationship would keep deteriorating and then she wouldn't have any kind of relationship with her at all.

BM also told the counselor that we don't set rules and that my wife (SM) always calls to talk to SD and that I (BF) don't. My daugher and my wife are very close. She confided in my wife about the molestation, that is how close they are.

My daughter wants to talk to my wife, she feels like my wife is the only person that understands her and she is someone she can talk to when she is down. Me and my daughter have never been very close, me and her mom never lived together and her mom has always said bad stuff about me to my daughter. Now that my daughter is older she sees what her mom has done and it's backfiring.

When my daughter was returned back to her moms everything changed. The step father has started going to church and they have all new rules to follow and they are fixing the house up (painting and stuff).

Anyway, our attorney is taking her sweet time with the paper work, but as of now I go friday to sign to get custody of my daughter.

My daughter has been writing in a journal and it has dissapeared somewhere at her moms. She thinks her mom got ahold of it.

1. Do you know if anything my daughter and the counselor has discussed can be brought up in court?

2. Do you think BM is changing the way they are doing things to try and prove something, like maybe their home is more stable? (we do have rules by the way)

3. We are asking for child support as well as custody. I wonder if we should leave out the child support in hope that BM will allow me to have custody and avoid a drawn out trial.

4. Do you think the journal is important? Should my daughter start a new one?

5. Should my wife not call there to talk to my daughter? I don't see anything wrong with it.

Thanks.
Nikki74's husband

Last edited:

Gracie3787

Nikki74 said:
What is the name of your state?
Missouri

My wife posted on here a month or so ago about my daughter saying she was molested by her step-father. We hotlined it and DFS had her stay with me until the case was closed. They didn't have enough evidence to charge him so she went back to her moms.

She lives with her mom and i have visitation. She is 14 and wants to live with me. I hired an attorney about 3 weeks ago.

My daughter has been seeing a counselor since a week before she had to return to her moms. The counselor finally got her mom into counseling today and the my daughter told me the counselor told BM that she should let her live with her dad.

BM was very upset and crying and saying she has raised her for 14 years and it would be like losing apart of herself and the counselor told her that if she didn't allow her to that their relationship would keep deteriorating and then she wouldn't have any kind of relationship with her at all.

BM also told the counselor that we don't set rules and that my wife (SM) always calls to talk to SD and that I (BF) don't. My daugher and my wife are very close. She confided in my wife about the molestation, that is how close they are.

My daughter wants to talk to my wife, she feels like my wife is the only person that understands her and she is someone she can talk to when she is down. Me and my daughter have never been very close, me and her mom never lived together and her mom has always said bad stuff about me to my daughter. Now that my daughter is older she sees what her mom has done and it's backfiring.

When my daughter was returned back to her moms everything changed. The step father has started going to church and they have all new rules to follow and they are fixing the house up (painting and stuff).

Anyway, our attorney is taking her sweet time with the paper work, but as of now I go friday to sign to get custody of my daughter.

My daughter has been writing in a journal and it has dissapeared somewhere at her moms. She thinks her mom got ahold of it.

1. Do you know if anything my daughter and the counselor has discussed can be brought up in court?

2. Do you think BM is changing the way they are doing things to try and prove something, like maybe their home is more stable? (we do have rules by the way)

3. We are asking for child support as well as custody. I wonder if we should leave out the child support in hope that BM will allow me to have custody and avoid a drawn out trial.

4. Do you think the journal is important? Should my daughter start a new one?

5. Should my wife not call there to talk to my daughter? I don't see anything wrong with it.

Thanks.
1.All conversations between your daughter and her counselor are protected by law and cannot be brought up in court.

2. I wouldn't trust the "changes" that BM is making just yet. It's possible that BM is on some type of state supervision and is required to make the changes, or it could be a ruse because they're afraid you'll get custody.

3.If you get custody you'll have the right to get CS, so I don't see where it will hurt your chances.

4. The journal has no importance at all in court, however, I'm sure it holds alot of importance to your daughter, so yes, if she wants to start a new one it will probably help her alot. Maybe you can help her come up with some ideas as to where to hide the journal so that Mom doesn't find it.

5.Your wife is obviously a big part of your daughter's emotional support system, so by all means, yes she should still call her. If BM doesn't like it, who cares. Your wife can call her all she wants- unless a court orders her not to.

I'm glad you have an attorney, good luck and please post to let us know how things turn out.
Gracie :)

Nikki74

Gracie, i will be sure to update after all of this is done. About the counselor, I remember a similar conversation and someone said the counselor can say what she would recommend. For instance, the daughter should live with dad or the daughter should live with mom. Not in those words but something like that. Thanks for your response.

BL

What the heck is the BLUE " relationship" link in the OP's post ?

Meet sexy singles . , or is it my PC ? I do run all nessesary scans , and nothing shows up as infected or spys .

snostar

Blonde Lebinese said:

Meet sexy singles . , or is it my PC ? I do run all nessesary scans , and nothing shows up as infected or spys .
What's the matter BL, don't want a hot date tonight? :( The OP put in that link.

BL

Lmao , we don't even get a warning .

It is against TOS for members to advertise , but Free advice can put in links .

With the New bug over the weekend , you'd at least think we'd get heads up .

A hot Date ? It might kill me . :D , or wear me out .

Nikki74

Blonde Lebinese said:

LOL! I definatley didn't put it in.

L

legalcuriosity

That link is extremely inappropriate! Especially in this forum "Child Care and Visitation." Does FreeAdvice.com really need to increase postings and hits to this site?? LOL

I can see the threads popping up on this site in about 9-10 months.

"First time posting but long time reader...I met a guy from Passion.com -- actually it was a link from this site -- and I got pregnant. He hasn't done crap for me, but I want to get child support from him...blah blah blah".

LdiJ

legalcuriosity said:
That link is extremely inappropriate! Especially in this forum "Child Care and Visitation." Does FreeAdvice.com really need to increase postings and hits to this site?? LOL

I can see the threads popping up on this site in about 9-10 months.

"First time posting but long time reader...I met a guy from Passion.com -- actually it was a link from this site -- and I got pregnant. He hasn't done crap for me, but I want to get child support from him...blah blah blah".
Actually....I think that the OP could have done it by accident.....trying to emphasize something....but I am not quite sure how....

Last edited:

Nikki74

LdiJ said:
Actually....I think that the OP could have done it by accident.....trying to emphasize something....but I am not quite sure how....

relationship
relationship
Your joking I hope....because all i did was type the word.

LdiJ

Nikki74 said:
Your joking I hope....because all i did was type the word.
Actually..I was thinking that maybe you could have underlined the word or something and accidentally caused it to be a link...but you didn't...I can't find and way to duplicate that.

It has to be some kind of bug or something on the board....because it happened in another poster's post somewhere else.

Nikki74

LdiJ said:
Actually..I was thinking that maybe you could have underlined the word or something and accidentally caused it to be a link...but you didn't...I can't find and way to duplicate that.

It has to be some kind of bug or something on the board....because it happened in another poster's post somewhere else.
I gotcha.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">