• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions re: sexual battery conviction in OH

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ajkroy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

I have been a member here for a long time; I read pretty much daily and contribute sparingly. I hope that this will be a simple answer and I can go back to lurking in the shadows...

My son's father was convicted of 2907.03 - Sexual Battery Sexual Motivation in Ohio in February. He was originally charged with rape, so I am thinking that this is probably some sort of deal worked out. However, out of all the sites I Googled, I only found one that mentioned punishment. My questions are:

Am I allowed to find out if he is incarcerated?

If he isn't in jail/prison, wouldn't he have to have probation? Am I entitled to find out who is monitoring him? How would I find that information?

Like many others here, I am owed quite a bit in child support. Obviously, I won't get any if he's in jail...but I am thinking that I just might if he is on probation.

Please let me know if you need more information. I appreciate any answers I receive.

Thanks,
ajkroy

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

I have been a member here for a long time; I read pretty much daily and contribute sparingly. I hope that this will be a simple answer and I can go back to lurking in the shadows...

My son's father was convicted of 2907.03 - Sexual Battery Sexual Motivation in Ohio in February. He was originally charged with rape, so I am thinking that this is probably some sort of deal worked out. However, out of all the sites I Googled, I only found one that mentioned punishment. My questions are:

Am I allowed to find out if he is incarcerated?

If he isn't in jail/prison, wouldn't he have to have probation? Am I entitled to find out who is monitoring him? How would I find that information?

Like many others here, I am owed quite a bit in child support. Obviously, I won't get any if he's in jail...but I am thinking that I just might if he is on probation.

Please let me know if you need more information. I appreciate any answers I receive.

Thanks,
ajkroy
Ohio has an offender site which lists everyone incarcerated. You can search for him on there.
http://www.drc.ohio.gov/OffenderSearch/search.aspx

ajkroy

Thank you OhioGal, I was hoping you would answer. That site says it includes anyone under APA supervision, and his name did not come up at all, either as incarcerated or under supervision. I'm thinking this means that he is probably serving in another state, then, right? Although I wouldn't put it past him to not show up for sentencing...

Either way, my small glimmer of hope of finally collecting CS has gone away. Thanks for your help.

ajkroy

Good question, HighwayMan. I am trying to figure out why he isn't in the database as incarcerated or being monitored. The information I found for 2907.03 stated that it requires a minimum one year in prison. So, my thinking is that he is serving somewhere else (extradited somewhere? or do they ever move prisoners for any reason?), skipped out before sentencing, there's an error in the computer, or he's dead. I would be happy to know if there are other options, so please keep the responses coming.

justalayman

Good question, HighwayMan. I am trying to figure out why he isn't in the database as incarcerated or being monitored. The information I found for 2907.03 stated that it requires a minimum one year in prison. So, my thinking is that he is serving somewhere else (extradited somewhere? or do they ever move prisoners for any reason?), skipped out before sentencing, there's an error in the computer, or he's dead. I would be happy to know if there are other options, so please keep the responses coming.

have you tried the Ohio sex offenders list? I would think a crime of that sort would require registration.

single317dad

I've found that sometimes a few phone calls are the quickest way to determine if someone is incarcerated. I love technology (have made my living on it for years), but not every submitter to every database keeps up their end of providing current data. I'd call his local county jail if he hasn't been sentenced or transported to state-level corrections yet, and/or the state DOC if he has.

Around here, there are about 10 nearby county jails that will tell you straight away over the phone if someone is there and what their charge and bond are. One, for whatever reason, will not answer any questions unless you pose them in writing via mail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">