• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions regarding retirement pension...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rporreca

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I worked for Strawbridge & Clothier Dept. Stores for 20 years,
which is now Federated Dept. Stores who owns Macy's.
I need to know where do I go and who do I go to in order to get
my pension. I tried to contact their Human Resources through phone
and email and have not received an answer. Can someone please tell
me what is the law on this and Where would I find information? I need
to know what my rights are regarding this. Does anyone know a firm in
NJ or PA that I can contact that would be able to assist me?
Since I do have any money I need to have this advice pro-bono.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Erudition

A lot of times, when you file for Social Security, the SSA will tell you "you may also contact XXX at such and such address for your pension fund because you are now eligible for benefits". I've seen that many times when people become disabled and file for SSD benefits.

I don't know the name of the pension fund that you have benefits with, sorry. But I do know that they should be sending you annual statements if you have benefits with them.

You may want to think back to when you first started with the company and think if there was a bank or organization that used to send you paperwork. Contact them and ask if they still have anything on file for you.

Good luck.

momm2500

you will need to contact Macy's East division. this is based in Manhattan, NY. you can also call Terry Lundgren (CEO) of Macys and speak with him or his secretary. start at the top and see what they can do for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">