• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justastick

What is the name of your state? TX

1. How would a default judgement affect who gets custody?

2. I feel the father may ask for custody to avoid child support. He has no desire to be in her life much less raise her. Could he get custody & then put her up for adoption?

3. Do the courts ever award joint custody in cases where both parties we're never married?

4. If the father asks for custody will they send someone to do a home visit?

Zephyr

justastick said:

I think default judgements occur when one party does not appear in court, like say you wanted more child support and your ex didn't show up to court, then a default judgement could be order granting your request because the other party is not fighting it. I don't know your situation so that the best answer I can give you on that.

2. I feel the father may ask for custody to avoid child support. He has no desire to be in her life much less raise her. Could he get custody & then put her up for adoption?

no, you would still have to agree to the adoption

3. Do the courts ever award joint custody in cases where both parties we're never married?

yes all the time

maybe, depends on what types of evealuations are requested by each side, that GAL and or the judge

you would probably need to give more detailed information for more precise answers

justastick said:

Default is usually to the request of the person who acually showed up to court.

justastick said:
Not going to happen, unless you are a registered sex offender and/or have a felonly this is something you should not worry about.

justastick said:
All the time. It also depends on the involvement of the father.

justastick said:
They can if there is GOOD reason, but typically no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">