• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick Claim deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

auntdiane

What is the name of your state? Michigan.

I registered a quick claim deed on my property to a man I am co-habiating with. Now want to get his name off, can I? He is not on the Mtg & is not the property tax payor

Last edited:

HomeGuru

auntdiane said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan.

I registered a quick claim deed on my property to a man I am co-habiating with. Now want to get his name off, can I? He is not on the Mtg & is not the property tax payor
**A: you made a huge mistake. Only HE can relinquish his title interest in HIS property. Guess what? He owns the property and you are liable for the mortgage and real property taxes.

A

auntdiane

Big Mistake! on Quick Claim Deed

Thats what I thought, but when I read other postings, thought maybe I had a chance. Another question please, if I move out, do I loose any occupancy rights in the house?:confused: And to clear up a little further, when I registered the quick claim deed, I just added his name along with mine, he is not the only one on the deed.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Big Mistake! on Quick Claim Deed

auntdiane said:
Thats what I thought, but when I read other postings, thought maybe I had a chance. Another question please, if I move out, do I loose any occupancy rights in the house?:confused: And to clear up a little further, when I registered the quick claim deed, I just added his name along with mine, he is not the only one on the deed.

My response:

No. You're still ONE of the owners, with the same rights to come and go as you please. But, it was really dumb what you did - - in effect, you gave him "rights" without any "liabilities" concerning the property; i.e., you are still 100% liable for the mortgage payments and taxes - - he's not.

Got any diamonds you can send to me?

IAAL

A

auntdiane

No diamonds to spare anymore

1st. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.
Yes, pretty dumb move, just trying to share with faith and trust. Plan was to remodel and resell, he would get 75% equity in sale for his labor, materials are in the loan.
What was suppose to be constructed between Apr-Nov, is now not even going to get started til spring. I have a long wait.
Happy Thanksgiving

HomeGuru

Next time you or anyone transfers interest in real estate, talk to an attorney first.
Ot you may end up being stuffed and cooked like a roasted turkey.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">