• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick Claim Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Screwedivorcee

What is the name of your state? Tennesse

I have a question regarding what legal recourse I have regarding a quick claim deed. Here is my brief story. I signed a quick claim deed during a divorce without being fully disclosed about the contents of the quick claim deed from my husbands lawyer giving up all rights to the house. My ex now is over 90 days delinquent on the house payment, and it is now ruining my credit. Is there anything I can do? He has also added me to a credit card as an authorized user without my consent that has now been turned over to a collection agency. Please help!!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Screwedivorcee said:
What is the name of your state? Tennesse

I have a question regarding what legal recourse I have regarding a quick claim deed. Here is my brief story. I signed a quick claim deed during a divorce without being fully disclosed about the contents of the quick claim deed from my husbands lawyer giving up all rights to the house. My ex now is over 90 days delinquent on the house payment, and it is now ruining my credit. Is there anything I can do? He has also added me to a credit card as an authorized user without my consent that has now been turned over to a collection agency. Please help!!!

My response:

Were you ever advised, in writing, to obtain your own attorney? Why didn't you? Did you waive that right?

IAAL

S

Screwedivorcee

Re: Re: Quick Claim Deed

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Were you ever advised, in writing, to obtain your own attorney? Why didn't you? Did you waive that right?

IAAL
I was not advised in writing to obtain my own attorney. I was young and in college and the attorney that handled it was a friend of my ex-husbands. I was in a bad situation and wanted to get out. How can I waive a right that I was not made aware of? Isnt that unethical for my ex-husbands attorney to not make me aware of what I was signing?

J

jez51

A Quit Claim Deed only removes your name from the property, it does not remove your obligation for any money owed for the property. Lesson learned, never sign for the other party without your own Counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">