• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick Fix

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jfwinslow

What is the name of your state? Texas

I had my child for about a year, by court order my ex-wife is the custodial parent. My wife had verbally agreed to send the child support checks to help with expenses, but she never did. I had my daughter for 9 months, and I am going to court to get arrearments (credit for having her). I don't know how I can argue a case that will get me more then just credit. My ex-wife has been getting the checks, and then the IRS gave her my tax-refund to pay some of the back child support. But the time I had well exceeds the amount I owe for back child support.

VeronicaGia

jfwinslow said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I had my child for about a year, by court order my ex-wife is the custodial parent. My wife had verbally agreed to send the child support checks to help with expenses, but she never did. I had my daughter for 9 months, and I am going to court to get arrearments (credit for having her). I don't know how I can argue a case that will get me more then just credit. My ex-wife has been getting the checks, and then the IRS gave her my tax-refund to pay some of the back child support. But the time I had well exceeds the amount I owe for back child support.
Well, you never bothered to legally change custody, and you don't mention who has the child now. In any event, you don't have a case. You must have changed custody and child support with the court in order to get what you wanted, since you never did, you won't.

If you still have the child, file for a custody and child support modification.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">