• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick Question about GAL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Fl

Could I request a GAL or are they only appointed by judge? From what you have read would it be necessary to request one? I have nothing to hide I know im a great mom and looking out for my boy the best I can, I just want to be sure ncp's attitude towards son and alcohol issues dont go un-noted and the big picture, so to speak, is looked at(have kept very detailed log hopefully not in vain). I read we have to pay for one, whats the avg. cost? (kinda short on $ these days) Thanx for all your help everyone! :)

Zephyr

sometimes the court will order one on it's own, but if you request one- and you should- the judge WILL grant the request. usually the parents split the cost of the gal

Zephyr said:
sometimes the court will order one on it's own, but if you request one- and you should- the judge WILL grant the request. usually the parents split the cost of the gal

thanx zephyr youve been a huge help!

Gracie3787

newmommy20 said:
What is the name of your state? Fl

Could I request a GAL or are they only appointed by judge? From what you have read would it be necessary to request one? I have nothing to hide I know im a great mom and looking out for my boy the best I can, I just want to be sure ncp's attitude towards son and alcohol issues dont go un-noted and the big picture, so to speak, is looked at(have kept very detailed log hopefully not in vain). I read we have to pay for one, whats the avg. cost? (kinda short on $ these days) Thanx for all your help everyone! :)
You can request a GAL by filing a Motion For Appointment of Guardian Ad Litem. Fl. Family Law form 12.942(a). You can get the form at www.flcourts.org/ click on the Family Law Forms. Or you can get the form from your courthouse law library.

I don't know how much a GAL costs, but you can ask that your ex cover some of the costs.

Gracie3787 said:
You can request a GAL by filing a Motion For Appointment of Guardian Ad Litem. Fl. Family Law form 12.942(a). You can get the form at www.flcourts.org/ click on the Family Law Forms. Or you can get the form from your courthouse law library.

I don't know how much a GAL costs, but you can ask that your ex cover some of the costs.
It says i have to state a reason... im not sure what to write, I just want to make sure his best intrest is looked at I dont want anything misconstrued or them try to use an argument like shes just a disgrunttled ex when i ask for Supervised visits. I feel w/ a GAL involved everyone will know It is truly in his best interest (im not the bad guy) How would I word that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">