• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick Question about Minor in Consumption - Arizona

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jtibi1992

Arizona

Hello All,

I just have a quick question.
I'm currently in the process of being considered for the Peace Corps, however - they require a disclosure of all previous run-in's with the law.

Everything I've been able to access, except a minor in consumption, or minor in possession of alcohol (cant remember) that I got when I was 20 years old (now 25) at Canyon Lake in Arizona. I was able to take diversion classes that I successfully completed shortly there-after.

I'm unable to track down these records -- what type of courts should I be contacting? (Municipal, Justice, etc etc) and what is the best route to take in tracking this record down?

Best,

Jace

Jtibi1992

Im not sure if the record was sealed - can't remember.

All i know is that I successfully completed a diversion or deferment class and never heard about it again.

Jace

quincy

The Arizona Department of Public Safety provides online access to records. You can check here:
https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/records

You could also search records at the police agency and/or court that handled your MIP (Superior Court/Maricopa County?).

If the MIP was your first offense and you completed the diversion program to the satisfaction of the court, it is possible that you have no criminal record - the MIP charge could have been discharged and dismissed. Of course, you will want to make sure this is the case before filling out your Peace Corps application.

The application may have a question about criminal offenses that led to an arrest but no charge, a charge but no conviction, or a charge that was dismissed due to diversion (or something along that line). You need to answer all questions honestly, even if you can find no public record of the offense.

Being honest when answering all questions on your application is vital.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
As Canyon Lake is a part of the Tonto National Forest, is it possible you were ticketed by a US Forest Service officer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">