• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quick question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Isiah

What is the name of your state?mn

Hi, my husband and I are just trying to piece everything together before he goes to court tomorrow..

His ex made their son get on the phone and tell my husband that "he doesn't want to see him, talk to him ever again" My husband said you could here her in background shouting for their child to say this. Is that considered emotional and mental abuse? My husband is going to bring that up to the judge, can he?

Isiah said:
What is the name of your state?mn

Hi, my husband and I are just trying to piece everything together before he goes to court tomorrow..

His ex made their son get on the phone and tell my husband that "he doesn't want to see him, talk to him ever again" My husband said you could here her in background shouting for their child to say this. Is that considered emotional and mental abuse? My husband is going to bring that up to the judge, can he?
How old is this child? I would consider this abuse, but proving it to a judge could be a totally different story. I hope your husband has a good attorney!
Good Luck!

Isiah

their son is..

their son is going to be 12. as far as proof , the ex admits that she had their son say that. The ex is also denying visitation, to which she admits that in her affidavit too. She says the denial is becauase"she's angry"

LdiJ

Isiah said:
their son is going to be 12. as far as proof , the ex admits that she had their son say that. The ex is also denying visitation, to which she admits that in her affidavit too. She says the denial is becauase"she's angry"
Then she is stupider than a box of rocks and is likely to get her butt kicked in court.........unless of course she has something to be angry about that a judge would think is truly important/significant.

Isiah said:
Poor kid! If she put all of that in writing I would guess that she would have some explaining to do! Hopefully the judge will give her a butt chewing at the very least!

T

titansfan

mom doesnt deserve custody she deserves a kick in the ***

if his ex is denying visitation, he should file contempt charges against her, the judge will order her to comply, if she doesnt, she could find herself without custody real quick.she is thinking of herself not her son, shame on her!

Isiah

no, i kid you not..

she saisdher in affidavit(she doesn't have an attorney)that she's angry and that's why she doesn't allow visitation but now(after my husband is dragging her to court)she realizes that their son needs to see his father. WE believe she is mentally ill. Plus the fact that she has moved several times and her current residence is a homelees shelter.

lisagr33

well, it sounds like to me that the ex is in contempt for refusing/denying visitation for the father. I feel sorry for the son because he is being used as a pawn in the mom's anger fit that she is throwing. The son doesn't need to be subjected to that.

lisagr33

about the mom...

the mom admitted to putting the son up to saying that he didn't want to spend time with the father anymore!? why any parent would do that to a child is beyond me.

Isiah

yes...

she did. she just doesn't care. She assumes thet since she won 3 years ago thet is is untouchable. It's sad but her own mother tells us that the ex honestly believes that she is a good parent. She believes that whatever she says and does is o.k.

Isiah

it's a long story but..

the same things she is doing now is what she was doing the last custody battle. The custody evaluator saidthat their son should be with us, but he judge decided otherwise. It's the same judge. WE are just afraid of what he is going to say this time. Aren't there rules the judge has to follow? statutes and stuff like that? There is a change of circumstance isn't there?

she's moved several times.(evicted)
she can"t keep employment
denied visitation.
suspected drug use
the list goes on.

lisagr33

I know where you are coming from. My ex acts the same way. He has let his new wife step in and act as the mom in some sorts (ex: punishing). It really bugs me that the mom has no regard for her behavior.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">