• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit Claim Deed Valid?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hzt3

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
GA
25 yrs. ago my mom received her house pd. in full in divorce settlement. 16 yrs.ago she remarried. Mom always said the house would go to my brother and myself. Stepdad lived in the house mortgage free the last 16 yrs. Mom was diagnosed w/ dementia 5 yrs. ago and 4 yrs. ago my stepdad had her sign a quit claim deed giving him joint tenant w/ full right of survivorship on the house. My mom passed away last month and does this mean my sibling and I have no right to the house. I pulled the deed and her signature is on it. Heck, I could have had her sign the same thing for me, which she would have. Problem is, she would have signed for anyone. She was not able to drive, hold down a job at that point. I have no doubt she would have never signed over the house to stepdad w/ her children not getting a share. This is heartbreaking to me and I hope there is some kind of legal action I can take. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">