• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit Claim Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Property location: Oklahoma

Hi All;

2 small properties (1/4 acre and 1/10th acre) in OK were left to my husband and his sister after their Dad died without a will. Unimproved lots, both lake-front property, combined value approximately $4k.

My husband has no desire to retain the properties as we're in AZ, and would rather sign his portion of the properties over to his sister via quit claim deed and let her keep the properties (or the proceeds if she decides to sell).

Question: does he need her approval/agreement in order to QC deed the lots to her? She's a bit of a challenge to deal with; currently she's mad at him and not speaking to him so asking her opinion isn't an option.

He wants to simply get the QC signed and filed with the appropriate OK counties. I like it in theory, but am unsure if there's an issue with doing so. Thoughts?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">