• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quit claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


grandma in NC

hello this is grandma in nc my question is what exactly is a quit claim? My son is seperated from his wife for about a year now . he had no choice really but to let her have the house but he wants to get his name off of the deed. her family tried to get him to quit claime the property but i read that he still would be liaable if they were to go into default on the property. Is this true? Any help would be appreciated. These are very sneaky and coniving peaple we are tatlking about.


Senior Member
If they are only separated perhaps the time has come to talk with a divorce attorney and one of the things the attorney can help your son get settled is the house and getting his name off the loan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential