• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quitting in NJ & Vacation Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

devon1022

I'm quitting my job, not quite sure on whether or not I am giving notice. My boss is a total jerk. I have been at my job for a year and and 8 months. I have 2 weeks vacation time that is mine. In NJ if I quit, am I entitled to my vacation time. I have no contract that requires notice, but I do have a list of duties and job requirements which also does not indicate any notice requirement. On this list of duties and job requirements, it clearly indicates that after a year and a half I am entitled to 2 weeks vacation time.

devon1022

I called the Department of Labor and they indicated that if I am entitled to the vacation time they have to pay me.

Beth3

That's odd because NJ has no statute that requires that nor is there anything at NJ's DOL website that suggests they do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">