• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Racial Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PayrollHRGuy

It's not the case though the falling asleep once automatically gets every employee everywhere fired. I once did a trial in which the judge fell asleep while testimony was being taken. The other attorney simply said "let the record reflect the judge is asleep" the trial went on. That judge didn't get fired over that (though he was deeply embarrassed).
He didn't get fired but unless he was an elected or life appointment he could have been. And there certainly could have been a bad outcome from his nap that led to his termination/impeachment/failure to be reelected.

And that brings up a question about UI I don't know. If an elected official doesn't get reelected are they qualified for UI?

Just Blue

It's not the case though the falling asleep once automatically gets every employee everywhere fired. I once did a trial in which the judge fell asleep while testimony was being taken. The other attorney simply said "let the record reflect the judge is asleep" the trial went on. That judge didn't get fired over that (though he was deeply embarrassed).
If it was a trial about taxes most people would fall asleep...:D

commentator

Payroll guy, wages earned by elected officials are excluded from consideration for unemployment insurance by federal unemployment law. If you're voted out, or even impeached or removed from office in some way, you aren't going to be able to draw benefits. There are many types of things that are exempted, such as the salary of judges and it varies slightly from state to state as they can be more (but not less) stringent about what they include and exclude than the federal law allows.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">