• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Racial profiling in middle school my daughter is 12

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xylene

Seems a bit far fetched to me.
There doesn't have to a a guy with Hitler mustache organizing a cabal for it to be racism.

There doesn't have to be intent for there to be a problem the school needs to get addressed.

This is true in any school, and it is especially true in districts where there are many whites but comparatively few non-white students.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There doesn't have to a a guy with Hitler mustache organizing a cabal for it to be racism.

There doesn't have to be intent for there to be a problem the school needs to get addressed.

This is true in any school, and it is especially true in districts where there are many whites but comparatively few non-white students.
In other words, if the "suspect" is anything but white, we have to be "sensitive".

Gotcha.

xylene

In other words, if the "suspect" is anything but white, we have to be "sensitive".

Gotcha.
I'm sorry if unpacking the white privilege of not being subject to a school bully dragnet because of your race is making you feel discomfort.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Wow, that really IS what you are saying. Law be damned, if they're not white, they get a pass!

justalayman

No but there has to be racism. Absolutely nothing provided by the op even hints at racism.

I see nothing that needs to be addressed. Of course I wasn’t privy to the conversation between the school admin and the girl so I guess there could be something that should be addressed.

Again, not one hint of racism in this situsution. It is a fact based action. It just how happens the cumprit is black. Why are you so intent on turning a valid investigation where the actions taken are based on facts into some discourse concerning racism.

justalayman

I'm sorry if unpacking the white privilege of not being subject to a school bully dragnet because of your race is making you feel discomfort.
Again, there is no racism in the situation at hand. You and the op are the only people that are trying to twist it to be about race.

Ya know what xylene? That makes YOU the racist, not everybody else. Chew on that for awhile. Hopefully the bad taste makes you spit it out and rebuke racism.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Child: Someone bullied me. Principal: Let's question the black kids. = Racism

Child: Someone with this physical characteristic bullied me. Principal: Let's question the kids with that physical characteristic = not racism.

I fail to see how someone with even a room temperature IQ cannot tell the difference.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Well, obviously you get it. And obviously you have an IQ that is above room temperature.

I thought all the regular posters here had the second qualification. However, it could be that I'm wrong in one or two instances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">