• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

raise rent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jennf39

Three months ago my landlord informed me that they were raising the rent by $50.00 a month, that was not good but understandable. On 11/22/00 my landlord informed me that instead of raising it $50.00 they were raising it to $100.00 a month, due to the cost of heating. They pay for the heat but my heat will not go on unless my thermostat is set a 72, the landlord knows and was surpose to fix this last winter. also in my lease it states they they have to give me 60 days notice in order to raise the rent and as of january 1, 2001 my rent is to go up. Can my landlord do this? I reside in Rochester NH.

J

jennf39

raising rent

If they can't what can i do about it? On january 1, 2001 my rent goes up they said that they have a lawyer and he said that they could raise the rent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">