• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Raising Rent Amount Anytime??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

STARFIRE57

What is the name of your state? California State

Can a Mobilehome/RV Park Owner raise the rent anytime he choses and in any amounts he choses, for homeowners?????

STARFIRE57

California State

I dont know how do I find out if I am???? I live in the Southern California Desert about 80 miles out of San Diego but still in San Deigo county.

south

I will stand out on a limb and say you are not in rent control, what does your lease say? If month to month then the rent can be raised as high as someone is willing to pay.

STARFIRE57 said:
California State

I dont know how do I find out if I am???? I live in the Southern California Desert about 80 miles out of San Diego but still in San Deigo county.

STARFIRE57

The lease reads #1 Lease of Homesite, #2 Term, Under #2 there is a choice of being a month to month or a 12 month period., #3 Rent, Under #3 it states the homeowner agrees to pay a sum of $____ per month for the use and occupancy of the Homesite.

Now I am not sure what they are trying to say.... the homesite(land) can be under a month to month or a 12 month lease and still have to pay rent on a month to month basis.... or what.......the fact that they put California Civil Code 798.17 on the first page of the Lease package tends to make me think that it doesent matter whether one signs on a 12 month basis or a month to month basis, he can raise rents whenever he wants in whatever amounts he wants. :confused:

south

Ok lets start of by saying Forget rent control it does not apply to you.

2: If you sign the one year lease then the rent is fixed for one year.

3: If you sign the month to month he can raise the rent unless there is a cap he can ask what he wants with at least one months notice.

Your best bet is to sign the one year lease portion and fix the rent.

STARFIRE57 said:
The lease reads #1 Lease of Homesite, #2 Term, Under #2 there is a choice of being a month to month or a 12 month period., #3 Rent, Under #3 it states the homeowner agrees to pay a sum of $____ per month for the use and occupancy of the Homesite.

Now I am not sure what they are trying to say.... the homesite(land) can be under a month to month or a 12 month lease and still have to pay rent on a month to month basis.... or what.......the fact that they put California Civil Code 798.17 on the first page of the Lease package tends to make me think that it doesent matter whether one signs on a 12 month basis or a month to month basis, he can raise rents whenever he wants in whatever amounts he wants. :confused:

STARFIRE57

OK 12 month it is............... Now let me ask you this......I would like to know about Grandfathering since we have been here quite some time is there and Granny clauses that we can use? For Example : Security deposit? Does the orginal residents have to pay a security deposit?

About Granny clauses ..... are they something that is useable or are they just a curdosiy of the owner? :confused:

south

You are a renter not an owner

STARFIRE57 said:
OK 12 month it is............... Now let me ask you this......I would like to know about Grandfathering since we have been here quite some time is there and Granny clauses that we can use? For Example : Security deposit? Does the orginal residents have to pay a security deposit?

About Granny clauses ..... are they something that is useable or are they just a curdosiy of the owner? :confused:

STARFIRE57

No I am not the owner of the property but I am a homeowner of a mobile home, and we have been here almost 10 years . Does that not give us the right to use granny clauses? :confused: Even though we pay space rent??? Are there no "exceptions " to the rules? Or like I asked .... what is a granny clause and how are they used?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">