• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ran from car got away.. Cops trying to charge the owner of the car.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dabadoo

So yea i was drinking ran my car into a ditch left it and ran a guy seen me asked if i was ok. So theres a witness saying a guy was driving. Cops were on it pretty fast, I hid in the woods n got picked up.. My gf is the owner I registered it in her name cause im suspended. Shes on drug ct and is clean off drugs n alcohol n can prove it if she had to. She went to go in the police impound n said she was driving deer ran out n she swerved ended in the ditch. The cop whos case it is was off duty accident happend at 1040pm n she was at work by 11:15. She said she called a friend with a tow truck to pull it out n it was already gone. She had to do this to get the release to get it out of the impound. The cop wants her to write a written statement saying she was driving. But theres a witness saying it was a guy and he ran. Which i did.. Our plan is for her just to be like.. No im not writting a statement if your gonna charge me charge me. Im not giving up who was driving. She can beat it in court the state witness is gonna be no thats not the driver. Thats why they want the statement.. Or for them to charge her with false statement so they have leverage.

quincy

So yea i was drinking ran my car into a ditch left it and ran a guy seen me asked if i was ok. So theres a witness saying a guy was driving. Cops were on it pretty fast, I hid in the woods n got picked up.. My gf is the owner I registered it in her name cause im suspended. Shes on drug ct and is clean off drugs n alcohol n can prove it if she had to. She went to go in the police impound n said she was driving deer ran out n she swerved ended in the ditch. The cop whos case it is was off duty accident happend at 1040pm n she was at work by 11:15. She said she called a friend with a tow truck to pull it out n it was already gone. She had to do this to get the release to get it out of the impound. The cop wants her to write a written statement saying she was driving. But theres a witness saying it was a guy and he ran. Which i did.. Our plan is for her just to be like.. No im not writting a statement if your gonna charge me charge me. Im not giving up who was driving. She can beat it in court the state witness is gonna be no thats not the driver. Thats why they want the statement.. Or for them to charge her with false statement so they have leverage.
What is the name of your state?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Are you really coming on here asking for help in crafting your lies to the police?

ETA: You BOTH need a criminal defense attorney - preferably not the same one. Shut up now and talk only to that attorney. The attorney(s) might be able to extricate you from this hole you've dug.

quincy

Dabadoo, you and your girlfriend can pop some popcorn and have a movie night. Watch this video together. It has advice you both would be wise to follow.

We never advise that anyone lie. That creates more problems than it solves. What is advised is to exercise your right to remain silent. And get a good attorney.

Good luck.

HRZ

You each need a separate attorney ...your interests are adverse to the other.

Your license is suspended and she let you drive ?
You drove on suspended license and while probably under the influence?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">