• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ran off the road by a drunk driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marywood52

I was on the PA Turnpike when a drunk driver, who was later apprehended, was driving on the wrong side of the road coming towards me. i was in the passenger lane and he was in the driver's lane. he then came into the passenger's lane facing me head on. i swerved out of the way and onto an embankment. i got a flat tire and the underside of my car is messed up. i do not know what damage has been done yet, the car is presently at the dealership. i am suffering from mental and emotional trauma and am very sore and achy. i hurt my ankle from slamming on the brakes. the police told me it was a not reportable accident. i am very destrought by what happened and i do not feel justice was served. is there anything i can do? please help.
Danielle

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You should have immediately had the police do a breath analysis test on the driver right after the accident.

Now, just keep a daily log of your pain and suffering, any pains you feel, etc. Get a lawyer and start the process of collecting damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">